1. The Order of the Printing Pioneer Ivan Fedorov (hereinafter referred to as the "Order") was established by the Printing Pioneer Fund, Public Institution (hereinafter referred to as the "Institution"). This is a public award, and it shall be awarded for outstanding services in the implementation of projects related to educational activities, the preservation of culture and traditions, as well as saving, development, and dissemination of the Russian language including as an international information carrier and intercultural communication environment.
2. The Order shall be awarded by the Resolution of the Award Committee of the Printing Pioneer Fund, Public Institution to the subjects of the Russian Federation, organizations, enterprises, and citizens.
3. Repeated awarding with the Order of the Printing Pioneer Ivan Fedorov shall not be carried out.
4. The decoration (tailcoat sign) of the Order of the Printing Pioneer Ivan Fedorov shall be worn on military or civilian clothes, on the left side of the chest, located below state awards. The Order of the Printing Pioneer Ivan Fedorov shall be worn on the neckband.
5. The structure of the Award Committee of the Order shall be allowed to include representatives of government authorities of the Russian Federation, well-known scientists, cultural, science and art workers, leaders and representatives of Russian and international public organizations.
6. The decision on the awarding of the Order shall be made by open vote, by a simple majority of votes of the members of the Award Committee present at the meeting and representatives of other organizations involved for these purposes, and it shall be documented.
7. Information about the Holders of the Order of the Printing Pioneer Ivan Fedorov shall be entered for perpetuation in the Order Book of the Printing Pioneer Ivan Fedorov. The Order shall have a number entered to the certificate of the Holder of the Order.
8. Governmental, non-governmental and international organizations, state and private companies, as well as scientists, artists, and educators, shall be allowed to nominate a candidate for the Order.
9. Candidates, public officials, regional leaders, well-known scientists and cultural figures, representatives of labor collectives, public organizations, business circles, media, and foreign guests shall be allowed to be invited to the award ceremony. During the award ceremony, applicants shall be publicly presented, and awarded persons shall be announced.
10. The Institution shall play the role of the working body of the Order and be responsible for the preparation of all organizational and informational and promotional events related to preparing and holding the official ceremony of awarding the Order of the Printing Pioneer Ivan Fedorov.